Roaring Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar -The LEGEND refined
Nissan’s twin turbo beast always been regarded as one of the world’s best handling machine. Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar cornering abilities have become even better with more rigid body structure. Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar is revealed at New York auto show with update since it was introduced in 2007, more powerful stylish sports coupe continue the constant evolution of GT-R. The refreshed looks are short of complete overhaul, but are nonetheless significant. Most significant upgrade is done in Nissan GT-R 3.8-liter V6 24-valve VR38DETT twin turbocharged engine, now generating 565HP (20HP more than previous 2016 version) and 467 pound-feet of torque which is 4 lb-ft torque upgradation.
Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar engine always has been hand made by artisans in JAPAN. The master engine builder assemble and tune one engine at a time, working solo. Giving them human touch and personalize each engine precisely with their nameplate.
Refreshed features of Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar
Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar exterior received thorough makeover. The new “V-motion” grille, which matches other Nissan models throughout the line, has been slightly enlarged to provide better engine cooling and features new matte chrome finish with updated mash pattern. New hood features pronounced character lines moving flawlessly from the V motion grille, has been sharply reinforced underneath headlamps giving Godzilla more aggressive look and enhancing high levels of front downforce. Exterior changes result in sharper and aggressive sporty looking beast, capable of maintaining drag coefficient 0.26. While overall improving efficient aerodynamics and stability at high speeds.
The cabin of Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar is redesigned with premium befitting of high performance super sport car. Dashboard is entirely reshaped and wrapped by single seamless piece of hand selected Nappa leather stitched with Takumi-style precision. The center console lines drove horizontally provides distinctive drive oriented environment to driver and feels like a luxury cockpit. Front seats has been updated with thinner material to reduce weight and constructed with side support to hold during hard corners and support on long drive. Switchgears has been simplified by reducing buttons from 27 to 11, featuring integrated navigation and audio controls. The 7-inch one screen has been replaced by 8-inch capacitive touch panel monitor, now display large icons and seems easy operation. Not just ease of operation is simplified with button, but also the gear shifting now become easy and cheerful task. Shift paddles are mounted behind steering wheel, allowing driver to change gears swiftly in mid turn without taking hands off the wheel.
Nissan GT-R 2017 Godzilla supercar new feature is COMMAND CENTER (circular roller) which is equipped close to driver seat. Key to performance which allow driver to focus on what’s important and managing information efficiently. This gives you immense power on your finger-tips with quick access to key functions like navigation, entertainment and performance stats.
To get an extra grunt from V6 twin turbocharged engine, each cylinder have individual ignition-timing control and extra boost turbochargers. Thus generating Horsepower 565 @ 6,800 RPM and Torque 467 lb.-ft. @ 3,300-5,800 RPM. This make Godzilla furious acceleration in mid to high ranges (3200 rpm and above). However revving engine sound feels exciting when you push down the paddle due to active sound enhancement (ASE) and light weight titanium exhaust system.
- Sculpting the wind through redesigned front fascia, redirects air around front wheel to reduce drag
- Side sills have been reshaped to reduce airflow underneath body and improve drag
- Taming the vortex by redesigned C-pillar for cleaner design at back
- Premium accommodation with Semi-Aniline leather seats with side support
- New titanium exhaust system accompanied by active noise cancelation and active sound enhancement
- Turbo’s have more boost and each cylinder has individual ignition-timing control
- 20-inch alloy having 15 spoke forged aluminum
- Updated with Nappa leather adorning the instrument panel in the Premium edition
- Interior emi-aniline leather of the Premium Edition has 3 color options- Rakuda Tan, then Amber Red, and Ivory
- BLAZE metallic orange color applied with a special four stage process
- Shift paddle are mounted to new steering wheel and paired with reengineered ventilator controls
- NissanConnectSM with Navigation, Mobile Apps that allow to use smartphone to lock or unlock car
- Featuring COMMAND center and 8-inch display screen on center console
- Services to activate alarm, summon emergency services or track car if it is stolen
- At back Beltline between the lower black section and the body panel has been heightened
- Dimensions – Overall length 4,710 mm / 185.4 in and Wheelbase 2,780 mm / 109.4 in.
- Overall width (without door mirrors) 1,895 mm / 74.6 in.
- Overall height 1,370 mm / 53.9 in.
Mamoru Aoki, executive design director, Global Design Center, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Said –
“As the icon of Nissan’s driving performance, the GT-R continues to evolve. With the signature V-motion grille, the GT-R now possesses the latest Nissan design language. Its exceptional aerodynamic performance and upgraded interior have given the GT-R a more mature character, which will continue into the future,”
Hiroshi Tamura, chief product specialist, GT-R, Z and NISMO, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Said-
“The new GT-R delivers a heart-pounding driving experience at all times, on any road, for whoever sits in the driver’s seat. We have continued to push its performance boundaries to the limit – it’s even more potent than before. At the same time, refinement has been added to take the driving experience to an entirely new level. We’re proud to bring you what we feel is the ultimate GT-R that possesses amazing performance, newfound civility and a rich racing history,”
Other competitor are Lamborghini Centenario (770HP), Ferrari 488 GTB (661HP) and Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (640HP)